YOUR LOCAL RIPPLE EFFECT
Wisdom Talks are all around the world to bring local communities together and initiate transformation. We invite one or more speakers to open dialogues around highly relevant topics of our time.
Wisdom Talks are local gatherings where inspiring speakers present ideas, activities and projects, and thought-provoking conversations and meaningful experiences are happening. Change needs space initiated through inspiring encounters which are open, free and curious. By organizing a Wisdom Talk, you can create a unique gathering in your community that will unleash new ideas, inspire and inform to support and initiate transformation towards consciousness and wisdom.
There are no upcoming events.
FEATURES IN COMMON
Wisdom Talks are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis. The content and design of each Wisdom Talk is unique and developed independently, but supported by Wisdom Together e.V.
All Wisdom Talks have features in common like:
Wisdom Talks is a two-three-hour event with a suite of short, carefully prepared talks, demonstrations and performances which are idea and experience based. Those events include: Inspiring Talks – Experiences – Dialog/Discussions. Wisdom Talks covers a wide range of subjects to foster learning, inspiration and transformation provoking a deeper understanding of yourself and the world. Wisdom Talks present multiple issues with a diversity of voices from many disciplines.
Wisdom Talks are organized by volunteers from the local community, and lacks any commercial, religious or political agenda. Its goal is to spark conversation, initiate connection and strength community.
If a Wisdom Together member wants to organize a Wisdom Talk, please send a “one-page” (Word Document) application form to email@example.com (Title: Wisdom Talk Proposal) with a description which can be later used to advertise the event on our website. The on-pager should include: the topic/title of the Wisdom Talk, the location, your intention (why you believe this is interesting for others) and a picture/photo related to the topic. We will contact you in between two-weeks to discuss your proposal and give the final confirmation.
- Spirit/purpose: The Wisdom Talk must maintain the spirit of Wisdom Together: multidisciplinary, focused on the power of people, ideas and wisdom.
- Eligibility: Every member of Wisdom Together e.V. (association) is eligible to send an application for initiating and hosting a Wisdom Talk in his/her city/location. The final confirmation will be given after a call (Video-Conference) with members of the Wisdom Talks Steering Committee.
- Length: Wisdom Talks may not exceed three hours length.
- Location: Wisdom Talks should happen in the city where you live.
- Funds: Wisdom Talks are a volunteer endeavor. You may not use your event to make money.
- Admission: You can charge an attendance fee for a Wisdom Talks. Tickets can be no more than $50 USD (including any third-party ticketing process fees) and should go towards event and operating costs for you and Wisdom Together.
- Attendance: Up to 100 individuals may attend your event. The individual whose name is on the application form is responsible and must attend the Wisdom Talk.
- Registration: The participants should register themselves at the Wisdom Together website. If people come straight to the event on that day without pre-registration, please send the names and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Naming: Wisdom Talks are named after the theme, the location, such as cities, neighborhoods, streets etc., and aim to serve that named community.
- Co-events: Wisdom Talks are stand-alone events — they may not be combined with or integrated into any pre-existing conference or event.
- Co-branding: Please do not do co-branding – either connecting the Wisdom Talk logo/identity/name to the name of another organization, non-profit, corporation or other, or presenting your Wisdom Talk as being organized by such entities. Stay authentic!